[SOLVED] Where is my iPod Touch mounted under Nadia?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
patrick.mooney

[SOLVED] Where is my iPod Touch mounted under Nadia?

Post by patrick.mooney »

Hello,

I've recently moved back to Linux Mint (Nadia, MATE) after trying Ubuntu for a while. One thing I can't figure out is what the "real" mount point is for my iPod touch (the last.fm software needs a filesystem mountpoint, not an afc:// address). Under previous releases, I could find that mountpoint under ~/.gvfs, but this doesn't seem to be the case any more. I also notice that I can't find my iPod with gParted, so I can't mount it manually.

I tried installing ifuse, which I dimly remember was helpful in a previous release, but this hasn't solved the problem.

Any help is much appreciated!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Where is my iPod Touch mounted under Nadia?

Post by altair4 »

I don't know the answer to your question concerning the iPod specifically but the normal gvfs mount point has moved from:

$HOME/.gvfs to /run/user/$USER/gvfs

I'm kind of surprised it doesn't mount where all the other storage devices are mounted which has also moved from:

/media/LABEL to /media/$USER/LABEL
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
patrick.mooney

Post by patrick.mooney »

Hmmm. That doesn't seem to be it (although it's good to know that the gvfs mount point has changed -- and I'd wondered about the different behavior under /media). Thank you, though. I do appreciate the help.

Anyone else have suggestions? I'd be very grateful.
patrick.mooney

Post by patrick.mooney »

Whoops. That does work -- I just needed to make sure that the iPod was actually mounted by clicking on it in the Caja file manager. Once I do that, I can find it under /run/user/patrick/gvfs/afc:host=9be03ac2be9b58018eb84f98a815b3165a6495cc.

Many thanks! I'll mark the thread solved.

Return to “Sound”