Bug unninstalling programs

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Flame_Phoenix

Bug unninstalling programs

Post by Flame_Phoenix »

Hello gentleman, I recently realised that when I unninstal a program (like Kopete) that although the program is in fact removed, it's shortcuts (like the icon on "favorites") are not removed, thus forcing me to find all the shortcuts (that don't work because the program was unninstalled by the way) and delete them manualy one by one.

I removed the programs using the software manager provided by Linux Mint.
Is this a bug? Please don't say it's a feature.

Thx for your attention, Flame :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Bug unninstalling programs

Post by xenopeek »

When you uninstall a program, all the files that were installed by the program are removed. That will be files from system folders only; never will the uninstalling of a program remove files in your home folder (just as installing a program doesn't install any files to your home folder). Favorites are a user preference, and as such kept in your home folder. So uninstalling a program will indeed not remove if from your favorites.

I've removed your threat from above post, and I ask you not to threaten others here on the forum for answering your questions...

Return to “Software & Applications”