Hi everyone!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AnonKS

Hi everyone!

Post by AnonKS »

Hello mint users,
Linux noob here. Currently running mint 14 32bit. Bounced around a few distros before landing on this one, including kubuntu 12.04, ubuntu 12.10, fedora, and mint 13.
Really loving mint 14 and since steam released the beta for linux, I now have no reason to ever go back to window$.

Like I said, linux noob. Used redhat and Suse in the past but only for short times. They were too complicated for me back then. And Suse only supported 16bit colors for some odd reason.

Anyways, pleasure to finally be completely converted and happy to make your acquaintance. :)

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Hi everyone!

Post by xenopeek »

Welcome to Linux Mint :D I have Steam up and running also, though I'm still looking a bit for a fun new game. (I already played some of the games on Steam through Desura, HumbleBundle or IndieVania.) But it promises to be big!

We're here if you need any help. Please find your complimentary 16 colors attached below. Do not lose them! We issue them only once. No refunds.

Sorry for that :lol: I hope you have full color now. Enjoy Linux Mint :wink:
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
AnonKS

Post by AnonKS »

Haha thanks! Yeah I'm also using desura and "play on linux" as well (wine front-end). If you want a fun game for steam on linux, TF2 is free to play and runs on linux ^_^. I personally can't wait until the source engine games are ported. Need muh garry's mod!

xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

I just read http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=n ... px=MTI3NTU, so I'll probably be playing that soon :)
AnonKS

Post by AnonKS »

Wow. That games looks gorgeous! Definitely gonna pick that up. Nice find!

jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day

Welcome to the forums :mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”