VLC now starts up with hissy echoing audio??

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
PiMinto
Level 3
Level 3

VLC now starts up with hissy echoing audio??

Postby PiMinto » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:57 am

I'm running Mint 13. A little over a week ago I ran all updates (not nadia backport). Since then when I open avis/mkvs/etc. with VLC, they open with badly distorted hissing audio that also echoes. Opening the same files with gnome player or movie player works fine. Usually if I open several media files in a row with VLC, by around the 4th or 5th one it will play the audio normally. What's going on?

TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Re: VLC now starts up with hissy echoing audio??

Postby TheDynamicHamza21 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:18 am

PiMinto wrote:I'm running Mint 13. A little over a week ago I ran all updates (not nadia backport). Since then when I open avis/mkvs/etc. with VLC, they open with badly distorted hissing audio that also echoes. Opening the same files with gnome player or movie player works fine. Usually if I open several media files in a row with VLC, by around the 4th or 5th one it will play the audio normally. What's going on?

Not really sure I haven't experienced that but I have noticed VLC doesn't display the correct bitrate and cover images for mp3's in Maya MATE. Maybe an upgrade would fix these issues.

http://www.noobslab.com/2012/12/vlc-205 ... buntu.html
Linux Registered User: # 573034

www.domeshotsandfatlaces.com

PiMinto
Level 3
Level 3

Re: VLC now starts up with hissy echoing audio??

Postby PiMinto » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:11 am

I unfortunately do not have the bandwidth to try updating yet, but I found that when I open the first instance of VLC with broken sound, if I open another instance of VLC at the same time the first one will start playing correctly. A bit of a nuisance but it will do.

Return to “Software & Applications”