Mint 14 cinnamon (this sucks getting rid of it)

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bobr

Mint 14 cinnamon (this sucks getting rid of it)

Post by bobr »

After my first install of mint 14 sound crashed so I uninstalled mint 14 then got rid of the partition and did a clean install again. Sound worked fine for 2 to 3 hours again then sound stoped working again. I cant seem to get it back I saw posts about alas being off but mine is on when i play youtube videos but still no sound. would love to find a fix. I am new to linux and so far it has crashed 3 times and sound problems twice. I hear everyone saying how good linux is but can't come on board with that idear so far, fixes seem to be slow and hard to get answers for but, any help would be appreciated. :(
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Sound stoped working in Mint 14 cinnamon

Post by jungle_boy »

Open sound settings (right click on sound icon in panel)

See if your sound card have two settings: analogical and digital sound.

Choose analogical.
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon
w201

Post by w201 »

in sound preferences, under the hardware tab, try selecting built-in Audio

And on the same tab under profile, select analog stero duplex

See if that helps.
bobr

Post by bobr »

Ok, Well I stand corrected, you gave me a fix and fast as well. Just one more question is there a way to get rid of the 5.1 hdmi driver so that wont happen again, or is there a reasion for keeping it.
w201

Post by w201 »

I'm not sure, but you can disable it by selecting "off" under profile so it doesn't keep switching back to it every time you reboot.
bobr

Post by bobr »

Awesome, Thank you some much for you kindness in helping me with this. :D
w201

Post by w201 »

np :)
bobr

Post by bobr »

Not sure but it happend again now I have it as was said to set it up as ( but it does not fix it now It makes no sence unless something in the new updates somehow messed it up) once again HELP :!:
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Post by jungle_boy »

Please, edit the subject of your first post and add [SOLVED], so who has the same problem will know how to solve it.
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon
bobr

Post by bobr »

I would like to but it happend again and now even doing what I was told to do does not work :(
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Mint 14 cinnamon (this sucks getting rid of it)

Post by jungle_boy »

When you downloaded the iso image,

1- Did you check md5sum?

2- Do you burnt it in slow speed (~3X- DVD)

3- Do you used a good quality media?

4- Open a terminal and write:

Code: Select all

inxi -A

Post here the answer.
LM 21 Cinnamon
ntd17ntd

Re: Mint 14 cinnamon (this sucks getting rid of it)

Post by ntd17ntd »

I had the same problem. Went into sound preferences under Hardware and made sure it was on built in audio. Then dropped down to settings for the device and went through them till i found one that worked. It ended up being (digital stereo (HDMI) Output) that worked for me. I hope this helps you.

Return to “Beginner Questions”