Installing burg

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LeafTheBerry

Installing burg

Post by LeafTheBerry »

Hello.

First of all, I'd like to note that I'm a complete beginner. Today is the first time I installed linux.
After some research i decided to go for linux mint 14 (cinnamon). I really like it so far.

However I have one question. I saw some guides on how to install burg.

I followed this procedure:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:n-muench/burg
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install burg burg-themes
sudo update-burg

But after restart, I'm still in grub. Can someone write down a complete newbie guide for me please? =D

edit: forgot to mention (don't know if it's importatnt, I'm dual-booting with windows8 )
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: Installing burg

Post by zerozero »

LeafTheBerry wrote:edit: forgot to mention (don't know if it's importatnt, I'm dual-booting with windows8 )
i believe that this is part of the problem: if you have of the new windows8 certified hardware, you have also UEFI and burg has no (u)efi support (as far as i can see)
the second problem is that burg is a stalled project: they have now a new build (released 4 weeks ago) after 42 weeks without any activity (and in linux time 42 weeks is an eternity) and furthermore this new build is nothing more than the old one repackaged
check here https://launchpad.net/~n-muench/+archive/burg
LeafTheBerry

Post by LeafTheBerry »

First of all, I would like to thank you for quick reply.

That's really unfortunate, since i really liked the look of burg. Can i ask you if you know about any visual alternative?
Cause the plane text isn't that attractive =D

Thanks
Leaf
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

the only option i can see is grub customizer http://www.noobslab.com/2012/11/install ... buntu.html

Return to “Beginner Questions”