Mouse scroll speed - unanswered for 5 years

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Redsandro
Level 4
Level 4

Mouse scroll speed - unanswered for 5 years

Post by Redsandro »

This should be a newbie question, because this should be as easy as logging out. But it's not. I've had this question for years, and have never really found an answer.

How do I increase the mouse scrollspeed? The number of pixels, or lines, that are scrolled in one 'scrollevent'?

xdotool cannot spew out extra scroll events on scroll events to fake double or triple the speed. xinput does not provide options for setting scroll speed, only for mouse cursor speed.
In 2008 or something, I had temporary success when using 'VertScrollDelta' in xorg.conf, but that didn't work after I had a different mouse. But even if it did work, no one uses or wants to use xorg.conf anymore these days.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
🤘 Amp.lol. No bloat, just radio.
Ninite-killer. 1000+ packages.
longtom

Re: Mouse scroll speed - unanswered for 5 years

Post by longtom »

There truly appears to be no way to do this in Mate. Works in KDE so.

If you need it for browsing you can do that from within Firefox - I am sure you know this by now ....
Redsandro
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Mouse scroll speed - unanswered for 5 years

Post by Redsandro »

Yep, thanks.
I am looking for a unified way, same scroll in editors, browsers, IDEs etc.

Guess Santa still sais no to this. :P

I can't believe devs are paid to spend so much time on reinventing the wheel (Unity) while we STILL lack basic features like joypad-control-panel, advanced monitor color calibration and fricking MOUSE WHEEL SPEED.
🤘 Amp.lol. No bloat, just radio.
Ninite-killer. 1000+ packages.

Return to “Beginner Questions”