Assign Sound Output to Application

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Arminius von Xanten

Assign Sound Output to Application

Post by Arminius von Xanten »

I have several sound devices in my PC and would like specific applications to put out their sound through different devices e.g Rhythembox to the stereo amp, video to the tv and browser to the monitor speakers. Is that possible with Isadora and if, how?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kwevej

Re: Assign Sound Output to Application

Post by kwevej »

well I've no experience with that, but maybe JACK could help http://jackaudio.org/
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

Arminius von Xanten wrote:several sound devices in my PC and would like specific applications to put out their sound through different devices
You need to investigate Pulseaudio Device Chooser and Manager, they should be in the Sound & Video menu but if not check they are not hidden in menu editor, otherwise in a terminal

Code: Select all

apt install padevchooser paman
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
sg1efc
Level 1
Level 1

Post by sg1efc »

remoulder wrote:
Arminius von Xanten wrote:several sound devices in my PC and would like specific applications to put out their sound through different devices
You need to investigate Pulseaudio Device Chooser and Manager, they should be in the Sound & Video menu but if not check they are not hidden in menu editor, otherwise in a terminal

Code: Select all

apt install padevchooser paman
An old thread but I just tried your suggestion Remoulder and package: paman

"PulseAudio Manager" does exactly what I need it to do. Thank you very much! :)

Return to “Software & Applications”