Trojita - IMAP Email client - Feedback

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
anandrkris

Trojita - IMAP Email client - Feedback

Post by anandrkris »

Hi Folks,

I stumbled across this link. Its also been made officially part of KDE.

Am just wondering whether anyone here had used it? Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks

I am currently using KMail and is a tad slow in fetching my g-mails. So thought should try out an alternative appln.

OS - Linux Mint 13 Maya KDE
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Sultan_of_Swing

Post by Sultan_of_Swing »

Thanks @anandrkis for your well-timed post.

I've just had an annoying problem with Kmail2 (Mint KDE crashed, so I re-installed, but couldn't get Kmail2 to import/recognise the old emails - even though it was the same software version!). I've been looking at Thunderbird, but really wanted something based on QT toolkit, so this looks good!

Thanks for the information!
anandrkris

Re: Trojita - IMAP Email client - Feedback

Post by anandrkris »

@Sultan_of_Swing - Keen to know if Trojita worked for you. Though with KDE 4.10, KMail seem to have less issues for me.
anandrkris

Re: Trojita - IMAP Email client - Feedback

Post by anandrkris »

Seems like a very fast way to access mails. Dont expect any advanced features. :) More from Project's wiki:
What Trojitá is not:

A full PIM suite. That's something which we leave to other applications, so you won't find a fully fledged calendar in Trojitá. But you might help us make Trojitá a part of a fully-fledged PIM if you're interested.
A POP3 client. Trojitá works by accessing a remote mail store over the IMAP protocol. POP3 cannot work this way for technical reasons.
Finished yet. If you try Trojitá yourself, you will notice that some "obvious" features are missing. We are working on getting them fixed, but we could definitely use a help.

Some highlights of Trojitá are:

A pure Qt4 (and Qt5!) application with no additional dependencies
Robust IMAP core implemented using Qt's Model-View framework
Standards compliance is a design goal
On-demand message list and body part loading
Offline IMAP support
Support for bandwidth-saving mode aimed at mobile users with expensive connection
IMAP over SSH -- in addition to usual SSL/TLS connections, the server could be accessed via SSH
Safe and robust dealing with HTML mail

Return to “Software & Applications”