Per-application sound applet?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mashen

Per-application sound applet?

Post by mashen »

Is there any way to have an applet that can control the volume of each specific application on Cinnamon? I like the default sound applet, but I really really miss the KDE Veromix applet that let you set the volume of each specific application with just clicking the icon of the applet... I mean look at it, it's beautiful :(
I know you can do this by clicking on "Sound settings" after clicking on the sound applet. It'll take you to the sound settings of Gnome Control Center and you can change the volume of each application on the Application tab. What I'm asking is if there's a way to do that in a much more convenient way from a sound applet, much like Windows 7 or KDE Veromix.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mashen

Re: Per-application sound applet?

Post by mashen »

Anyone?
mashen

Post by mashen »

Alright fine. How do I write one? I know the libraries I should use are GTK3+ but any tutorial/suggestions on where to start or if there's something specific that should be done on it for it to work on Cinnamon?
black7ack

Post by black7ack »

Hopefully i am not too late. I have implemented the functionality you have requested and you can find the applet at my github repo. You just put it at ~/.local/share/cinnamon/applets/.
mashen

Post by mashen »

Thank you so much! I'm going to try it now.
EDIT: Working wonders so far, this makes the desktop much more usable for me, I highly recommend it.
As a suggestion, what do you think about adding a mute button next to the application name? Or making the application name click-able, thus muting the application?

Return to “Software & Applications”