android: linux mint mtpfs optional?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
anthalamus
Level 1
Level 1

android: linux mint mtpfs optional?

Post by anthalamus »

Hi all!

Something quite puzzling happened to me... I just got a galaxy nexus and was disappointed to see my linux mint box fail to mount the phone automatically. I then read about the abandonment of UMS so I resorted to follow guidelines such as http://blog.mpshouse.com/?p=609 and that essentially involve using mtpfs. After much trouble getting it to work, I could finally copy files to my phone (though it was buggy).

Next day I plug my phone to my other linux mint box (laptop), expecting to go through the same process. Except it mounted it ok, just like any other USB storage. same version of mint (Linux Mint 13 Maya as per cat /etc/issue). puzzled..!
Any idea how that's possible? mtpfs isn't even installed on that other laptop... very confusing!

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MartinaNeumayer

Re: android: linux mint mtpfs optional?

Post by MartinaNeumayer »

anthalamus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by anthalamus »

Thanks a lot for the tip! I'll try that now
MartinaNeumayer

Post by MartinaNeumayer »