MINT freezes with dvd recording

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
la_monda
Level 2
Level 2

MINT freezes with dvd recording

Post by la_monda »

Hallo i recently discovered that my whole system crashes when i try to burn a dvd. The problem starts when i close the tray. The whole system crashes and it keeps freezing - unfreezing (for a sec) in aconstant loop :cry: . Idont thing that the brand of the dvd's or the type +- plays a role since i have experienced problems with all kinds of combinations.Sometimes i had experienced a freeze in xp with dvd's or cd's, but this is somewhat different since ejecting the dvd dindn't fix the problem (as in xp...). The sad thing is that i didnt have that problem from the beginning of my installation of mint (i made a clean install, and used to burn dvd's with brasero) and not a month after i have these problems....Thnx a lot for your help!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: MINT freezes with dvd recording

Post by Husse »

Which Mint edition?
Which DVD player?
la_monda
Level 2
Level 2

Post by la_monda »

mint 4 pioneer, dvr 110 d. A new installation of mint fixed the problem though.... The problem occured while i tried to burn an iso with k3b, ever since the situation repeated...with brasero the same...after the tray was closed the programs didnt respond (they didnt even open) and sometimes a freeze occured
la_monda
Level 2
Level 2

Post by la_monda »

Now that im all done and everything works like a charm, i used aptone cd to make a backup copy of my software packages....but i thing i ll make a ghost backup just in case....
Husse

Post by Husse »

And take a look at Remastersys - there's a section in the forum for it

Return to “Beginner Questions”