Enlarged Display? Panel missing.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
yonnie
Level 3
Level 3

Enlarged Display? Panel missing.

Post by yonnie »

Running LM14 Mate. Fujitsu Lifebook
The Icons, home and files are missing. The Kicker panel is missing. Alt+F2 does not bring up a terminal, neither does Alt+F3. Normal background colors are present. Iḿ grasping at straws here trying to guess whatś wrong. Searches don´t bring up good solutions.

The computer is 1000 miles away at my grand-daughterś home, our link is a phone. I have no idea what has gone wrong. Tapping the power-key, selecting shutdown and then rebooting changes nothing.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
We are children of children and do as we are shown.
-James Curran
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Enlarged Display? Panel missing.

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

yonnie wrote:Running LM14 Mate. Fujitsu Lifebook
The Icons, home and files are missing. The Kicker panel is missing. Alt+F2 does not bring up a terminal, neither does Alt+F3. Normal background colors are present. Iḿ grasping at straws here trying to guess whatś wrong. Searches don´t bring up good solutions.

The computer is 1000 miles away at my grand-daughterś home, our link is a phone. I have no idea what has gone wrong. Tapping the power-key, selecting shutdown and then rebooting changes nothing.

what is the kicker panel? You mean the bottom panel? altF2 brings up a box to run a application,it's not a shortcut to the terminal. The shortcut to the run the terminal from a keyboard shortcut is disabled by default. You can use altf2 type in mate-keybinding-properties and it will open the gui to set the keyboard shortcut.

you can use alt f2 type in mate-terminal then type in the terminal

Code: Select all

sudo mate-panel --reset 

Maybe that will help.
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com
yonnie
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Enlarged Display? Panel missing.

Post by yonnie »

Sorry about the wait, she tells me nothing appears when using the Akt+F2. I was kind of hoping to acquaint her with the CLI, guess Iĺl have to wait.

Sent her a DVD to re-install and will walk her through that via phone. Thanks for the help.
We are children of children and do as we are shown.
-James Curran

Return to “MATE”