Just joined

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
highjo

Just joined

Post by highjo »

Hello Guys,

I am a ubuntu users for 2 years now, i've just switched to mint.
I am a software developer and i use linux as main operating system.it's nice to be part of this community
thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Just joined

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Welcome aboard :D What programming languages do you use on Linux? Any tools/IDEs you'd recommend to others?
jesica

Post by jesica »

Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums :mrgreen:
robw

Post by robw »

Welcome aboard! As Mint shares the Ubuntu base so closely, you're already a Mint Expert - so please don't hesitate to get stuck into these Forums if you can! Glad to have you here...

Cheers, Rob
highjo

Post by highjo »

Hello!!

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. @xenopeek most of the time it's java stuffs(j2ee) since leveraging a lot on springframework i use sometimes Springsource Tool Suite (eclipse) and due to some maven issues i've moved back to Netbeans which to me is really intuitive but recently because of speed needed i found myself using intellij and to be honest, am impressed by what you can achieve with it. for mysql i still use command line client, but at times when certain things needed to be done without too much hustle, i use sqlyog installed with "playonlinux" etc...

Thank you all , i hope i would be useful to the community. Thanks guys

Return to “Introduce Yourself”