mint-flashplugin is out-dated can I replace it with adobe?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
braingateway

mint-flashplugin is out-dated can I replace it with adobe?

Post by braingateway »

I confirmed this is not a flashplugin problem. Reinstall all the audio decoder libs solve this problem.

Hey guys,

The firefox/chromium cannot play some youtube videos correctly. I think this may due to the out-dated flashplugins the mint repo has:

Code: Select all

Package: mint-flashplugin
Version: 2011.10.19
Architecture: all
Maintainer: Clement Lefebvre <root@linuxmint.com>
Installed-Size: 28
Depends: mint-flashplugin-11
Conflicts: flashplugin-installer, flashplugin-nonfree, mint-flashplugin-x64
Replaces: flashplugin-installer, flashplugin-nonfree, mint-flashplugin-x64
Priority: optional
Section: admin
Filename: pool/main/m/mint-flashplugin/mint-flashplugin_2011.10.19_all.deb
Size: 1016
SHA256: 170ebf111c42b639851d480bc3a1595d984205a0c0a7a1d8b088ca88ae8423d5
SHA1: a55a7e47366c99e29874961b6942cd1a2ed341d4
MD5sum: 88463ac6ae7aa5ae68e237fb88081675
Description: Metapackage for Adobe Flash plugin
 This is a meta-package for Adobe Flash plugin.
Can I replace it with this adobe-flashplugin?

apt-cache show adobe-flashplugin
Package: adobe-flashplugin
Priority: optional
Section: web
Installed-Size: 18925
Maintainer: DL-Flash Player Ubuntu <FlashPlayerUbuntu@adobe.com>
Architecture: amd64
Version: 11.2.202.261-0precise1
Recommends: adobe-flash-properties-gtk (= 11.2.202.261-0precise1) | adobe-flash-properties-kde (= 11.2.202.261-0precise1)
Replaces: flashplugin (<< 6)
Suggests: firefox, konqueror-nsplugins, x-ttcidfont-conf, msttcorefonts, ttf-bitstream-vera | ttf-dejavu, ttf-xfree86-nonfree, xfs (>= 1:1.0.1-5), libnspr4-0d, libnss3-1d
Provides: flashplugin-nonfree
Depends: wget, fontconfig, libatk1.0-0 (>= 1.12.4), libc6 (>= 2.4), libcairo2 (>= 1.2.4), libfontconfig1 (>= 2.8.0), libfreetype6 (>= 2.2.1), libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0 (>= 2.22.0), libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.12.0), libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.24.0), libpango1.0-0 (>= 1.14.0), libx11-6, libxcursor1 (>> 1.1.2), libxext6, libxrender1, libxt6
Conflicts: flashplayer-mozilla, flashplugin (<< 6), flashplugin-downloader, flashplugin-installer, xfs (<< 1:1.0.1-5)
Filename: pool/partner/a/adobe-flashplugin/adobe-flashplugin_11.2.202.261-0precise1_amd64.deb
Size: 6886344
MD5sum: 7599d955b40f590ea9e06a56ef1ba14a
SHA1: f078d6574c3b8ada3b80b9fe5c755a138d2a4da5
Description: Adobe Flash Player plugin version 11
 Adobe® Flash® Player is a cross-platform, browser-based application runtime
 that provides uncompromised viewing of expressive applications, content, and
 videos across browsers and operating systems.
Npp-File: libflashplayer.so
Npp-Mimetype: application/x-shockwave-flash
Npp-Applications: ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384, 92650c4d-4b8e-4d2a-b7eb-24ecf4f6b63a, aa5ca914-c309-495d-91cf-3141bbb04115
Npp-Description: Adobe Flash Plugin (http://www.adobe.com)
Npp-Name: Adobe Flash Plugin
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: mint-flashplugin is out-dated can I replace it with adob

Post by xenopeek »

Instead of Chromium you might want to use Chrome, that comes with its own Flash Player. Aside from that, you are getting a somewhat older version of Flash Player on Linux Mint, mainly as there have been repeated problems with newer version (like blue tinted videos for some users). It should not prevent you from watching Youtube videos though, that means something else is wrong because the Linux Mint version of the Flash Player isn't that old :D Chromium is known to complain a lot about older Flash Players on your system, but that is just Chromium.
braingateway

Post by braingateway »

after upgrade to flash plugin 11.2

ii adobe-flash-properties-gtk 11.2.202.261-0precise1 GTK+ control panel for Adobe Flash Player plugin version 11
ii adobe-flash-properties-kde 11.2.202.261-0precise1 KDE control panel Adobe Flash Player plugin version 11
ii adobe-flashplugin 11.2.202.261-0precise1 Adobe Flash Player plugin version 11
ii flashplugin-nonfree-extrasound:i386 0.0.svn2431-3ubuntu1 Adobe Flash Player platform support library for Esound and OSS

The problem remains.
braingateway

Post by braingateway »

xenopeek wrote:Chromium is known to complain a lot about older Flash Players on your system, but that is just Chromium.
firefox also get the same problem, can you play the following video with correct sound?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEZOJ-K ... r_embedded

All I got is noise.
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

braingateway wrote:
xenopeek wrote:Chromium is known to complain a lot about older Flash Players on your system, but that is just Chromium.
firefox also get the same problem, can you play the following video with correct sound?:

All I got is noise.
I just did and played with normal sound. Firefox 18.0.1 and flash flash 11.2r202 last updated 10/31/2012.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

+1 to that; using the same Firefox and Flash Player versions and the video plays fine. Perhaps it is your graphics card driver? Please share output of command:

inxi -SGx
braingateway

Post by braingateway »

Orbmiser wrote:
braingateway wrote:

All I got is noise.
I just did and played with normal sound. Firefox 18.0.1 and flash flash 11.2r202 last updated 10/31/2012.
strange!
It was OK several months ago.
braingateway

Post by braingateway »

xenopeek wrote:+1 to that; using the same Firefox and Flash Player versions and the video plays fine. Perhaps it is your graphics card driver? Please share output of command:

inxi -SGx
The video should be OK. My problem is the sound. The sound is completely noise. However, some other vedios from youtube can playback correctly.
Audio: Card: Intel 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 00:1b.0 Sound: ALSA ver: 1.0.24
Last edited by braingateway on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
braingateway

flashplugin can not playback some audio correctly?[solved]

Post by braingateway »

##Irrelevent info to this question##
Last edited by braingateway on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: flashplugin can not playback some audio correctly?

Post by xenopeek »

Merged topic as these are about the same problem. I'm not sure what is wrong, though note that the speaker in your example video has somebody eating a bag of chips or something in the background causing at certain points in the video a crackling background noise (as if reaching into a bag of chips).
braingateway

Post by braingateway »

xenopeek wrote:Merged topic as these are about the same problem. I'm not sure what is wrong, though note that the speaker in your example video has somebody eating a bag of chips or something in the background causing at certain points in the video a crackling background noise (as if reaching into a bag of chips).
the audio is supposed to be some voice of a course, so if you cannot hear any clear human voice in the audio. You have the same problem.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

No, I can hear the chap talking I'm just saying he could have put the kid eating a bag if chips in another room while he was recording. He is audible and understandable, but it is an annoying background sound. Just to make clear we are not talking about strange sounds in the audio...
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

"If I download the vedio with downloadhelper as mp4 and try to playback the vedio in
Kaffeine or VLC, I also get the same problem."
That right there says it's a sound driver issue I believe.
Chraz Ritt

Post by Chraz Ritt »

After installing the 32 bit version of FF in my 64 bit Mint 13, I found that I needed to install Flash for it, I managed to get that done by following the instructions on the Adobe Flash page, which detected both that I was running Linux, and that I was using the 32 bit FF.

Edit: I installed the 32 bit FF trying to fix my own sound issues.
Chraz Ritt

Post by Chraz Ritt »

Since I dual boot, and am currently on Win 7, I can't watch that video on Linux ATM, but I did watch it in Win, and aside from a bit of noise that sounded like someone moving papers the sound in it was quite clean. As soon as a process finishes here on Win I will reboot to Linux, and come check out the video on my machine.
braingateway

Post by braingateway »

Orbmiser wrote:
"If I download the vedio with downloadhelper as mp4 and try to playback the vedio in
Kaffeine or VLC, I also get the same problem."
That right there says it's a sound driver issue I believe.
Thanks for the notation.
I confirmed this is not a flashplugin problem. Reinstall all the audio decoder libs solve this problem.

Return to “Sound”