Mint 14 64 bit Audio driver installation

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
neuroflare

Mint 14 64 bit Audio driver installation

Post by neuroflare »

I was having a problem with my audio being choppy intermittently since I installed Mint last weekend. I couldn't find any solutions for this but I did have what I equated to a similar problem with the default wireless driver. My wireless adapter wouldn't read the full signal and the connection was incredibly. What I found was to remove the current driver, install the latest from the manufacturer's website (realtek) and voila, worked like magic. So I check the hardware just to verify that the audio hardware for the built in sound card was also realtek, as I expected. I tried downloading both the AC'97 and the High Definition drivers, and both drivers failed to compile, one referencing libraries I have (libncurse) and claiming that I do not, in fact, have them. The other giving series of errors

Code: Select all

cp: cannot stat `snd-*filename*.ko': No such file or directory
where *filename* were various names of files that couldn't be located.

I'm not sure what to do from here and was curious what I should do.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
neuroflare

Re: Mint 14 64 bit Audio driver installation

Post by neuroflare »

Thanks for asking me for further informtation or even making an effort to help. I'll be changing to an RPM distro since there's actual support for them.
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Mint 14 64 bit Audio driver installation

Post by jungle_boy »

OK.

Bye...
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon

Return to “Hardware Support”