Problems with configuration

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
szalejot

Problems with configuration

Post by szalejot »

Hi,
I have some problems with Mint configuration (I have been on Ubuntu before). I have Mint 14 with mate.

1. After hibernate Linux is not asking for password. How to tell him, that I want to password before logging from hibernation.

2. On power management preferences I have unchecked "Dim display when idle". But when I am watching movie on full screen, screen is being dimmed after about 20 minutes. How to prevent from that?

Thank for any help or clues.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Problems with configuration

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

Not sure about number 1 but number 2 you go to menu>preferences>screensaver and change the time to allow longer time before activation of the screen saver.
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com
szalejot

Post by szalejot »

Thank you, this works :)
Now I have only one problem to solve.
szalejot

Post by szalejot »

Seriously? No one knows hot to achieve that? (I can't believe that there is no such option)

Return to “Beginner Questions”