Citrix SSL error is preventing me from leaving Windows!

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jrohde

Citrix SSL error is preventing me from leaving Windows!

Post by jrohde »

Hi all

Very few thing are preventing me from leaving Windows completely on my home pc, one of them being this annoying Citrix error that I cannot fix:
SSL error

Contact your help desk with the following information: You have not chosen to trust "GlobalSign Organization Validation CA - G2", the issuer of the server's security certificate (SSL error 61)"
I have found numerous similar problems but there seems to be as many suggested fixes as there are people answering. And none of them works for me. It's driving me nuts because I need access to the Citrix service on my workplace and I keep returning to Windows because of this.

I am using Mint 14 64 bit and I have tried both Firefox and Chromium.

Can anyone please either help or show me a link to a site with a solution?

Thanks,
Jakob
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cwsnyder

Re: Citrix SSL error is preventing me from leaving Windows!

Post by cwsnyder »

According to the error quoted, your problem is not with Linux, but with the way your work has chosen to publish their SSL security certificates.

Check here: http://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-certifica ... error.html
jrohde

Post by jrohde »

Hi cwsnyder

When I boot the Window 8 I have on the same laptop, I have no problems using Citrix and that indicates to me that the problem is related to the way that certificates are installed (or not installed) in Linux.

/Jakob
cwsnyder

Post by cwsnyder »

I will grant you that it is a Linux problem only if you are using the same browser in Windows 8 that you do in Linux. If you are using Internet Explorer in Windows 8 and Firefox in Mint, it is a problem with the certificate publishing for SSL as noted in the article. Since many companies only set up for Internet Explorer in Windows and possibly Safari in OS X, that is where my suspicions lie.
jrohde

Post by jrohde »

So in other words, I should try using Firefox on Windows? And if that also fails, suspicion falls on the Citrix server at my workplace?

/Jakob
cwsnyder

Post by cwsnyder »

Either Firefox or Chrome for Windows 8 would confirm whether the problem was with Linux or with the SSL intermediate certificates from the Citrix router at your workplace.
netnuttt
Level 1
Level 1

Post by netnuttt »

Jakob,
I had the same issue years ago. Your company IT department should supply you with the certificate files. The files will need to be copied to the proper directory which maybe /opt/Citrix/ICAclient/keystore/cacerts
:D
wilkonet

Post by wilkonet »

SOLVED - Citrix on Mint - remoting to the office via firefox on Mint 14 Nadia

Good general outline of installing citrix on ubuntu based systems:
http://forums.bodhilinux.com/index.php? ... r-working/

1) run: sudo apt-get install libmotif3 (other packages weren't found, see above link)
2) download citrix (deb package) and install:

page link: http://www.citrix.com/downloads/citrix- ... x-121.html
actual package linkk: http://www.citrix.com/downloads/citrix- ... tx-dl-eula

3) then copy certs from browser to citrix:
cp /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/*.* /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/

4) logout/logon

5) open firefox and go to your office work from home url and follow usual logon process.

Done!

Return to “Software & Applications”