Thanks for all the free fish!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Usagiakumu

Thanks for all the free fish!

Post by Usagiakumu »

Seriously the first Liniux distribution I can sit and use and comfortably exist in without ever using a terminal. I mean is it too much to ask for GUI tools for everything? On my iPod, and Android phone I don't have to use terminal, on Windows I don't have to use the Command Prompt, on my Mac which has Unix I don't use the terminal, so why do 90% of distributions including Ubuntu?

I guess all I am saying is thank you for something that works out of the box. I am sitting here copying all of my files over to a new backup hard drive created in EXT4, and am going to format Windows 7 completelty off my PC. I have no need for Windows. Everything I do I can accomplish on Linux Mint with little input. It is pretty amazing.

I think if more and more distributions of Linux, BSD, and Hurd come of age and follow in your foot steps, I think Operating Systems will go the way of the web browser, they will all become free even the paid for ones. It wont be accomplished by simplifying it, but just keeping it real. Being awesome in every way.

Keep on keeping on! and thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
annadaprasad

Re: Thanks for all the free fish!

Post by annadaprasad »

We all know what Mozilla Firefox did to Internet Explorer. Now everyone hates IE. Microsoft is buggy, slow and terribly inconvenient not only in browsers but also in Operating Systems. The only thing we're waiting for is, people to discover the best thing - Linux. And when they do, someone in future would be writing a forum comment, "We all know what Linux did to Windows.... :wink:
nomko

Post by nomko »

annadaprasad wrote:We all know what Mozilla Firefox did to Internet Explorer. Now everyone hates IE. Microsoft is buggy, slow and terribly inconvenient not only in browsers but also in Operating Systems. The only thing we're waiting for is, people to discover the best thing - Linux. And when they do, someone in future would be writing a forum comment, "We all know what Linux did to Windows.... :wink:
Please do not start a flamewar against Microsoft. Nor start a rant. This post is in no relation to the first post.
nomko

Post by nomko »

Usagiakumu wrote:.....
Linux does has it's advantages above Windows. And i'm glad to see you embark a journey to discover Linux. Just one hint: it can be in some situations quit more convenient to use the terminal above GUI tools for the reason that terminal commands are sometimes much stronger and more comprehensive than a GUI tool.

Welcome to this forum!

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”