I should start off with a big smiley face emoticon
Installed Mint 13 Maya long-term-support, 32-bit Cimmaron
1) What a delight it was to find that the [manual partition] installation left my home folder untouched. Maybe I was doing something wrong in my last install (Isadora 9) but this was pretty nice. I had backed up my home folder, main, and bookmarks. I guess I'll always backup these items, but in this case it wasn't necessary.
2) I had a heck of a time installing Evolution. It only "took" after I did an upgrade. Making it my default mail program caused a lot of HD activity, but all was well. When it came up, I didn't even have to perform a "restore", everything was there waiting for me.
3) Ditto with Firefox bookmarks.
4) It recognized my wireless router immediately.
5) Did not have any sound until I figured out the computer recognized my Revolution 5.1 aux audio card which was never the case in previous installs.
6) The new desktop will take some getting used to. I have some questions, which I'll submit in another note.
To the folks who put this together, "nice job!"
Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests