linux mint debian update

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
snodgrss1984

linux mint debian update

Post by snodgrss1984 »

for some reason linux mint debian main edition will not update and fails to fetch files from server .. what can i do to make the updates download or do i wait till its fixed
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
meteorrock

Re: linux mint debian update

Post by meteorrock »

Did you try to connect to a different server to do your apt-get update? You can find that option in your synaptic package manager on linux mint to choose a different server. By default it is a server from the east side of the USA. If you are living far from the east side you could try to change servers in there. There is a GUI front option on that manager to change the servers from where the apt-get fetches information.
snodgrss1984

Re: linux mint debian update

Post by snodgrss1984 »

i waited it out and restarted system and it finally worked but i will save this page for future reference thank you so much

Return to “Beginner Questions”