Login Screen Resolution question

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JaredT

Login Screen Resolution question

Post by JaredT »

All,

I figure I'm not the first person to notice this, but I didn't seem to find the question answered.

I'm running a pretty much stock LinuxMint 14 setup. I'm got an AMD card, using the default drivers, everything seems to work nicely.

but...

I've got my tv plugged into the HDMI port of my PC. I've set the TV output to be disabled by default. Once I log in, this works as expected, however the login screen itself resets to "mirror" mode for both monitors which of course makes everything on my main monitor look rather bad and grainy.

Anyone find a way to either
1) force a monitor to be off on the login screen
2) force the login screen to a specific monitor
3) force a resolution on the login screen
4) force the monitors to NOT be in mirror mode on the login screen

Thanks for any help on making one of those options work!

-Jared
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JaredT

Re: Login Screen Resolution question

Post by JaredT »

just a random bump, I'm sure someone knows how to fix this in their sleep! =)
d00med

Re: Login Screen Resolution question

Post by d00med »

That might depend on your graphics driver and the fact that you're using HDMI. One can't use xrandr for that, because the login screen is before the xsession starts. Add that Gnome isn't exactly known for its robust dual monitor support. I don't believe it's as trivial as you think.

Trying a different AMD driver might be the easiest place to start.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”