KDE 4.10 - desktop Conky slow refresh [SOLVED]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jazz.h
Level 4
Level 4

KDE 4.10 - desktop Conky slow refresh [SOLVED]

Post by jazz.h »

After upgrading to KDE 4.10 I noticed my Conky configuration is very slow refreshing the desktop output, refresh is set to 1 second. Is there any new setting in KDE that's causing this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jazz.h
Level 4
Level 4

Re: KDE 4.10 - desktop Conky slow refresh

Post by jazz.h »

Actually, there is no slow refresh, but several instances of Conky at the same time, which are overlapping thus making a blur/slow refresh effect.
I have no idea what happened here, in system activity window (ctrl+escape) I see ".conky_start.sh" (which is a executable startup script and which should be unloaded after execution) and 3 instances of conky, taking about 20% of cpu use.
It looks like as if .conky_start.sh is not executed normally and I can not see this script any more in System settings > Startup and shutdown > Autostart...
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Personally I only have one conky and the .conkrc file is in root of /home and just use autostart with "Conky" as the only command enabled and run on startup.

Only time I ran into multiple instances running. Is when I had session management and had restore previous session selected instead of Start with an empty session which is default.
jazz.h
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jazz.h »

Thank you Orbmiser, that solved it. :D
After upgrade to KDE 4.10 somehow "Create a new session" changed into "Restore previous session".
When I reverted to Create a new session and rebooted, everything was normal.
Thx!

Return to “Software & Applications”