Intel 5.1 Audio device does not work on Linux Mint 14 Nadia

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cocomint

Intel 5.1 Audio device does not work on Linux Mint 14 Nadia

Post by cocomint »

Hi there! I'm a new user of Linux Mint Nadia and I had the same problem with Ubuntu before. I have a 5.1 Audio System and doesn't work all of them, only the 2 frontals speakers works. I have run "lspci" on terminal and the result is: 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio (rev 06), I'm working with Pulse Audio but there is no way to make work all the 6 speakers, I've tried all the tricks that I found on Internet but none works. My motherboard is an Intel DH55TC.

Somebody have any ideas to solve that?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
perlsyntax

Re: Intel 5.1 Audio device does not work on Linux Mint 14 Na

Post by perlsyntax »

Have you try the linuxmint 13 mate desktop.I have a sound card that didn't work before and it work in mate 13 mate desktop.I hope that helps.Let me know if that helps out:)
cocomint

Post by cocomint »

Hi! Thanks for your idea, I never thought in that I'll try and I'll tell you.
johall07

Post by johall07 »

I have been having the same problem in Linux Mint 13 Maya but with Cinnamon. I can select the 5.1 analog input but it only recognizes the front two speakers when i test them. When I actually play music i get output from the front two, center and subwoofer. I cannot be sure if this is because of Linux mint or my speakers are busted because on windows they work on and off (Same pc, dual boot). Could you try and play some music and see what speakers output sound?

Return to “Hardware Support”