Could anybody please explain what in this thread?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SiJampang

Could anybody please explain what in this thread?

Post by SiJampang »

I've a problem with my soundcard and linuxmint, it doesn't detect my Asus Xonar DSX soundcard, but it's detecting my nvidia HDMI drivers only.
So i'm searching for how to fix that, and found this link: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=111625
But because i'm new at this "linux thing", could anybody explain to me whats that thread trying to explain?
Oh and FYI, i've already update all the package in my linuxmint nadia.
Your reply is very appreciated.. Thank you. :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Could anybody please explain what in this thread?

Post by kyphi »

What this thread is telling you viewtopic.php?f=49&t=111625 is, in order for your soundcard to work, to download the latest driver from ALSA and install it. The downloaded file will contain instructions for installing the driver.

In the meantime, you can use the sound output built into your motherboard.
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon

Return to “Beginner Questions”