<SOLVED>Can't access back up of Quicken files.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
beetlebomb

<SOLVED>Can't access back up of Quicken files.

Post by beetlebomb »

I have Mint 13 on a USB flash drive and have a problem that I've not been able to solve.
I installed wine so I can run Windows apps and loaded Quicken.
The program works fine and the only problem I have is storing the Qdata files somewhere other than (or in addition to) the flash drive.

When I set up Mint 13 I remember something about hiding the files, and I think I chose to do that. Now I can't copy them to another device. In fact I get: Can't find "/cow" error message when I try to access them via the file browser.

The only way I know to solve this is to set up another live USB drive, load the back up I made in Sept 2012 and re-enter the transactions. Please tell me it ain't so! Even if I take this approach, what's to prevent me from duplicating the problem on the new drive? I know there is an Export feature in Quicken but I can't access the files to export them.

All attempts to help will be greatly appreciated and I will seriously consider any advice toward a remedy.

Beetlebomb.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
beetlebomb

SOLVED Re: Can't access back up of Quicken files.

Post by beetlebomb »

I solved this by burning a MAYA disk, ran it live, mounted the flash drive as administrator (root) and by poking and prodding wherever I thought the files might be.
Long story short - found the backed up files, copied them to archive.

Return to “Beginner Questions”