data loss during reinstallation of linux mint14

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kiranravinder

data loss during reinstallation of linux mint14

Post by kiranravinder »

i had windows 8 on my laptop. wanted to increase its efficiency so i had installed linux mint 14 alongwith windows 8 however both were loaded on same partition. iwas getting some problem on partition load and data proceesion, so i decided to completely uninstall windows 8 and have linux mint only. however,when uninstalling windows 8 using gparted i deleted the windows partition. but rest of the steps of 'sudo update- grub' could not be compeleted in terminal.i resized the sda1 however,rest of the drives were nt touched as they had my data. but i when i tried to access them i could not... after that i tried to boot my computer through linux mint but t didt and showed os not available. without realising that my drives had data i reinstalled linux mint and realised all my partitions have become into a single drive and i cant access it i tried recovering my data by downloading 'scrounge' and 'gdd rescue' but they refused to come on menu of linux mint. on searching i could not load them through usr/share. i m in desperate situation and i want my data asap.. i request for help for the same. thanks n anticpation. also my laptop is acer aspire 5580 with 1.5 GB RAM, core2duo processor & 500 HDD and windows was not preloaded.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Re: data loss during reinstallation of linux mint14

Post by jungle_boy »

Running Mint LiveDVD you can't access your data drive?

Run Mint LiveDVD, start Gparted, take a print screen and post here.
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon
kiranravinder

Post by kiranravinder »

[img]/home/ravinder/Pictures/Screenshot from 2013-02-25 22:16:53.png[img]
hi ,this is my view from gparted. alos when i m attaching my hdd with my computer gparted shows libparted bug found. i don understand and its not reading my hdd data also .....pl help as fast as possible]
kiranravinder

Post by kiranravinder »

file:///home/ravinder/Pictures/Screenshot%20from%202013-02-25%2022:16:53.png
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Post by jungle_boy »

Well;

Your first partition, dev/sda1, contains Linux Mint; when LM is installed, it uses only 5 GB but your dev/sda1 partition has 409,89GB, I think that your data may be there, try some program to retrieve this data, Iso Buster is good.
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon

Return to “Beginner Questions”