System Settings question...[Solved]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Armstrong
Level 4
Level 4

System Settings question...[Solved]

Post by Armstrong »

Formerly, when I went into System Settings/Hardware/Input Devices, one of the available options was Touch Pad. I thought it was still there after I upgraded to Mint 14 KDE/KDE 4.10, but I cannot say of certain. It is no longer an option. Furthermore, my keyboard is behaving erratically. Because of the positioning of the touch pad on my laptop, I must be touching it while typing because the cursor is frequently jumping off the screen. I find myself moving from one screen to another, also. When I first installed Mint 13 KDE, I had trouble with the cursor jumping into the desktop search window while typing. I corrected this by disabling the Nepomuk search feature and disabling a number of the touch pad options. Now, I can't find any means of changing the touch pad features. Does anyone have any ideas? Typing is becoming an increasingly frustrating task. Thanks.
Slainte,
Hunter
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DeMus

Re: System Settings question...

Post by DeMus »

Open the settings and in the top right corner type touchpad.
You will now see that the settings for the touchpad are stored in the Input Devices section.

Success
Armstrong
Level 4
Level 4

Re: System Settings question...

Post by Armstrong »

Thanks!!!

Return to “Software & Applications”