Dialogue box won't go away

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nmr472

Dialogue box won't go away

Post by nmr472 »

I have recently installed Mint Nadia 14 on my old Lenovo R61 laptop.
I have initially installed Mint alongside Window Vista Business.

When I log onto Mint, there is a dialogue box with a list of things to assist new users, like tutorials, Manual, Known Problems etc. If I click on any of the items on that dialogue box the screen itself greys out and the topic I've clicked on comes up. But a grey oblong the same size as the original dialogue box stays on the screen which covers everything else on the screen. If I move the mouse over it the icon changes to the hand pointer, but nothing happens if I click on that oblong. I can drag other dialogue boxes out from under the grey oblong but I can only see the bits to the side or above or below the grey oblong.
If I click "close" when it first comes up then it closes properly and goes away, but not if I click any of the icons within it other than "close".
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Dialogue box won't go away

Post by xenopeek »

Yes, the Welcome Screen could do with an overhaul. There is nothing wrong with your installation, it is the program that has become a bit problematic when used on newer desktop environments.

Return to “Beginner Questions”