ATA SControl LM13/14 LiveUSB does not boot

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
KrzysztofGW

ATA SControl LM13/14 LiveUSB does not boot

Post by KrzysztofGW »

Hey!
Let's start: I would like to have usbstick with fully working Linux system. I succeed in installing it on my old PC and of course the pendrive was bootable, functionas etc. But I wanted to have this working on a fresher machine. The preinstalled system didn't boot on the PC. GRUB launches, but it isn't operative. ANY command gives output like: Error: hd0 cannot get C/H/S values.
Neither 13 nor 14, x86 nor x86_64 LiveUSB can be launched :( It's horrible, because it should never happen. One month earlier I just checked, if LM 14 Cinnamon would work from USB drive. It was quite OK, but I had many problems with mouse. I could move it, but most the time I was not able to click any button or box. (Probably) it IS (only hardware difference is replacing previous ssd with new ones) related to my RAID 0: Intel Rapid Storage Technology, 2xVertex SSDs, but it should be natively suppoted by the kernel or whatever... What if I wanted to boot linux directly from them?
"Screenshot": https://www.dropbox.com/s/xafvxldnqub9b ... .01.45.jpg
Any hints? I really don't want to unplug the array every time I want to boot from external drive...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
KrzysztofGW

Re: ATA SControl LM13/14 LiveUSB does not boot

Post by KrzysztofGW »

Solved partially. RAID, at least the SSDs, do not cause the problem. There is something wrong with asmedia sata3 controller... After disabling it in BIOS it is fine.

But the problem with mouse is still present... After few seconds of using system, I am not able to click most of gui elements. Sometimes I can still move in bounds of one windows, but without ex. controlling its dimensions etc. Keyboard works fine, but I am not an expert on command line or worse - using only keyboard in gui...
KrzysztofGW

Re: ATA SControl LM13/14 LiveUSB does not boot

Post by KrzysztofGW »

OK, the problem with mouse was the mouse. RAT is a bit too complicated for linux... The problem from title is still present, but doesn't bother me.

Return to “Installation & Boot”