(Q) How to make Plymouth work in LMDE?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
roger64
Level 4
Level 4

(Q) How to make Plymouth work in LMDE?

Post by roger64 »

Hi

I have been a LMDE 64 user for over one year. I checked the new iso and realized I did not have Plymouth. I installed it but it told me something is missing (see screenshot):

I think I have multiarch:

Code: Select all

roger@lmde64:~$ dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
i386
roger@lmde64:~$
Plymouth is not working yet. I still enjoy many lines of text... :D
Any idea how to make Plymouth working?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lmx

Re: (Q) How to make Plymouth work in LMDE?

Post by lmx »

well,
i haven't tested it...at the moment no spare time... :(, i think that the new images will be released in 03/2013.

Wait for someone that undestand french, i really don sorry. :(

regards
roger64
Level 4
Level 4

Post by roger64 »

Hi

@zerozero

Thanks for the link. I had done everything and found the probable reason why it's not working for me:
Are you using smxi to install proprietary drivers?

SMXI activates the drivers after the bootscreen, so it won't work for proprietary drivers installed via smxi (I have an nvidia system with the same problem)
I do not remember exactly how I installed this proprietary driver but it could be I used SMXI... Too bad. I do not know how they did with the new iso that I tested on a free partition but Plymouth was working there. But OTOH to install everything on a new partition is a little too much work... LMDE is about NOT reinstalling.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

roger64 wrote: LMDE is about NOT reinstalling.
very true :D and in the end of the day is just a nice bootsplash that you see for some seconds :lol:

Return to “LMDE Archive”