Font size increased to 90 in Font from cinnamon settings

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
siddhartha ramesh

Font size increased to 90 in Font from cinnamon settings

Post by siddhartha ramesh »

Hey guys I have made a blunder. While i was playing with cinnamon settings I set the font size to 990 from the font icon available in cinnamon settings. Now I cant use any applications because of the font. It garbeles the whole screen. I cannot redo it cos when i somehow manage to open cinnamon settings I cant see the font icon, because of the font size and I even if i maximize that window I cant see the font icon. I can see up to icon themes that's it. Now what to do, Is there any way of setting things to normal. I tried setting cinnamon settings to default but did not work. Now what to do? Is it possible from terminal?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Iurydice

Re: Font size increased to 90 in Font from cinnamon settings

Post by Iurydice »

Can you post the output of your cinnamon.css file?

In terminal, type: cat /usr/share/cinnamon/theme/cinnamon.css
siddhartha ramesh

Post by siddhartha ramesh »

I am messaging you through windows OS. I cant do that. Is there any command that changes font size from terminal
mookiemonster

Post by mookiemonster »

open the termanle click in side it the press ctrl -
caribriz

Post by caribriz »

I'm not sure if this will work for you. I tried it in LM14 Cinnamon - it worked for me.
If you can open a terminal, enter:

Code: Select all

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface font-name 'Sans 10'
If it works initially, you may still then have to go back to Cinnamon Settings > Fonts and set the default font back to Sans 10 there as well.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”