Hello Minters!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JohnM

Hello Minters!

Post by JohnM »

Hello everyone! I have finally installed Mint on my laptop after using Ubuntu since ~2004. I have several years experience with using Linux, so I consider myself a novice. The first distro I used (if I remember correctly) was Mandrake Linux in 1998, then Corel, Red Hat, Gentoo, Ubuntu and now Mint. I chose Mint since it looks like a promising distro and I've heard a lot about it in the past several months. I tested it on a Live USB drive for a while and it was more stable than Ubuntu, IMO. I installed Mint 64-bit with Mate DE and it runs extremely fast for me. I will be making a donation to show my appreciation for the developers and those who have put in a lot of work to make this a very good distribution. Thanks everyone!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Hello Minters!

Post by catweazel »

G'day, mate. Welcome aboard.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Hi John, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D From all the years of using Linux, and the distros that you used, I'd not call you a novice though. But welcome aboard anyway! Have fun with Linux Mint.
anandrkris

Post by anandrkris »

Hi John, Welcome to the Mint family. :) I am sure, it is your modesty that makes you call yourself a novice.
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

Thanks for the welcome! That should have been "but I still consider myself a novice." Linux seems to change so much and it's heading in the right direction. Some changes make it feel totally different. I think more people are now realizing its not the same os it was even 5-7 years ago.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello JohnM and welcome to Mint,

Sure you will enjoy the Distro and will be a great asset to those needing help.
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day
Welcome to the Mint forums
:mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”