Posting a Question On Linux Mint Community screen

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
williamhf

Posting a Question On Linux Mint Community screen

Post by williamhf »

My Op. System is Linux Mint 13 Maya Mate

Recently I clicked on "Menu" in the left of the Panel.

As a result I have seen the "Linux Mint Community" screen once.

I believe it offered a place to ask a question.

I can't find the Linux Mint Community Screen again.

Please guide me. :?:

With many thanks for your help,

(Coincidentally the "Welcome to Linux Mint" screen overlays the screern I'm asking this question on.
i.e., it overlays the Linux Mint forums - Post a new topic - Mozilla Firefox screen.
I have found no way to close the Welcome to Linux Mint Screen.

So I have to shift this message question screen around to see it all.

William
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Posting a Question On Linux Mint Community screen

Post by xenopeek »

The Linux Mint Community site is here: http://community.linuxmint.com/. It is not a place for asking questions, that is here on the forums :wink: The Community site is for sharing and discussing ideas and tutorials, and for reviews of software and hardware that you use with Linux Mint (or reading the reviews of others).

The Welcome Screen application is dated and needs a rewrite; it doesn't work as intended and indeed blocks your screen and you can't close it until you also close Firefox. The "Get Involved" page on the main Linux Mint website also summarizes how you can get involved and which websites you can use for that: http://www.linuxmint.com/getinvolved.php.

BTW, I've removed your email address which you had included in your post as I assumed you perhaps didn't mean to share that publicly. Users can email you using the email icon to the right of your posts, displayed under your username.
williamhf

Re: Posting a Question On Linux Mint Community screen

Post by williamhf »

Thak you very much, XENO PEEK

You have explained it very well.

I won't attempt to post a question on the Linux Mint Community Screen hereafter!

I was happy to see that the impossible to-get-rid-of overlaying screen did not breed in only my machine.

Sincerrely

Willliam

Return to “Non-technical Questions”