Mint Flash plugin needs to be updated

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Mint Flash plugin needs to be updated

Post by kmb42vt »

The Mint Flash plugin provided with Linux Mint 14 needs to be updated to the latest version for Linux. The current "mint-flashplugin-11" is at version 11.2.202.243 which apparently is already behind in Flash security updates put out by Adobe and is now considered a security risk. The latest version for Linux just put out by Adobe is version 11.2.202.273 which is already available via Ubuntu's "flashplugin-installer" package (as version 11.2.202.273ubuntu0.12.10.1) for Linux Mint 14. Here's the link to the article explaining the problem:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-575714 ... abilities/

Hoping that Mint's Flash plugin package is updated fairly soon.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Mint Flash plugin needs to be updated

Post by karlchen »

Hello, kmb42vt.

Of course I would appreciate as well if the mint-flasplugin-11 started installing the most recent Flash plugin editions instead of outdated editions.
Yet, I know and I assume that you know as well, the solution is pretty trivial:
+ uninstall the mint-flashplugin-11
+ install the flashplugin-installer and receive the recent Flash plugin editions in a timely fashion

Kind regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Software & Applications”