UNISTALLER

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
eneas

UNISTALLER

Post by eneas »

Hi,

I have installed Mint 12 in dual boot with Vista on my Acer 5310 (2 partitions NTSF). Installer appear very good, reduce second partition and create the new one EXT4 where install Mint 12. Modify the MBR, install GRUB, ect. Perfect! Vista run without problems like Mint. Well, but now I have the problem to return back to the original system with only Vista without loose data. Why there is not an unistaller that, with the installation log, help users to return back? Why I need to do this manually with serious risk to loose data??? :shock:
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
usbtux

Re: UNISTALLER

Post by usbtux »

from live cd
Gparted delete linux partitions.
expand windows partitions.
From windows recovery cd
reinstall MBR
bigj231

Re: UNISTALLER

Post by bigj231 »

I have to add that you will lose all data on your Mint partition when you follow the above steps. There is also a slight risk to losing data on your Windows partition as well. If you have your weekly backups handy, this won't be a problem. You do have those, right? (HINT: "No" is not the correct answer)

Return to “Installation & Boot”