I got a problem with my Lenovo G580 (Broadcom 4313) and Linux.
On Windows I can see about 10 different wifis in my room.
On Linux I dont see any. When I'm sitting directly next to my router I have about 50% signal quality but at least it works with +10mb/s.
When I'm moving away I still can see my wifi with 30%+ but he has problems on connecting. He says he's connecting for 10 seconds and then I get an error, that I've been disconnected. After 4 or 5 metres I can't see it anymore.
The driver (bcma) seems to work but the signal quality is really bad, like if the networks card is restricted to 10% of the power or something like that...
I've read, that the proprietary driver from broadcom seems to work fine for the 4313, so I checked it out.
I've already read (In the ubuntu wiki), that I have to deactivate bcma and two different drivers and I did it as described in the wiki. But the sta-driver still seems to have a conflict with a driver, so it doesn't start.
Does anybody know, what I still can do, either get bcma to work fine or get the sta-driver to work? And yes, I already tryed google...
I'm still relatively new to Linux, so plz be tolerant ^.^
PS: Sorry for my bad english
mintWifi output (When the router is REALLY next to my laptop):
Code: Select all
* I. scanning WIFI PCI devices...
-- Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Controller (rev 01)
==> PCI ID = 14e4:4727 (rev 01)
* II. querying ndiswrapper...
* III. querying iwconfig...
lo no wireless extensions.
wlan0 IEEE 802.11bgn ESSID:"XXXXXXXXX"
Mode:Managed Frequency:2.422 GHz Access Point: DC:9F:DB:00:C4:03
Bit Rate=52 Mb/s Tx-Power=19 dBm
Retry long limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
Link Quality=52/70 Signal level=-58 dBm
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
Tx excessive retries:26705 Invalid misc:4092 Missed beacon:0
* IV. querying ifconfig...
lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436XXXXXXXXXXX Metric:1
RX packets:1654 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:1654 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
RX bytes:168896 (168.8 KB) TX bytes:168896 (168.8 KB)
wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr c0:14:3d:cc:27:cb
inet addr:172.31.254.244 Bcast:172.31.254.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: fe80::c214:3dff:fecc:27cb/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:244349 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:153692 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
RX bytes:350152440 (350.1 MB) TX bytes:15322547 (15.3 MB)
* V. querying DHCP...
Rather than invoking init scripts through /etc/init.d, use the service(8)
utility, e.g. service smbd reload
Since the script you are attempting to invoke has been converted to an
Upstart job, you may also use the reload(8) utility, e.g. reload smbd
RTNETLINK answers: File exists
* VI. querying nslookup google.com...