Display problem for streaming videos on chrome browser

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bakashasha

Display problem for streaming videos on chrome browser

Post by bakashasha »

Hello everyone.

I installed linuxmint 14 recently, before I was on linuxmint 10. I have some weird problem I had never encountered before : I am using Chrome web browser, and I have a display problem with video in streaming (on youtube or other) : the video works, but there is something like yellow snow moving on the vidéo.
I have tried to watch the same videos using Firefox and I don't have the problem.
Can anyone tell me what to do please? Thank you
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kadama

Re: Display problem for streaming videos on chrome browser

Post by kadama »

I have the same problem. I see flakes all over the video on youtube. I also see flakes when I opt in in the HTML5 trial on Youtube. This is a well known issue and you can see the solution below.

https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issu ... &id=124569

I have tried the solution and it works. But I don't want to start enabling and disabling Chrome features without knowing the repercussions. So I did something simpler while waiting for Google to fix it. I disabled Flash 11.6 in Chrome and let Flash plugin 11.2 r202 do the job.

You have to go to Settings-Advanced Settings-Privacy-Content Settings-Plugins-Individual plugins. Find Flash plugin 11.6.602.171 and disable it. I also opted out from the Youtube HTML5 trial so that Flash plugin 11.2 r202 does all the work.

Hopefully Google will fix it soon
bakashasha

Post by bakashasha »

Thanks for your reply.
I have found the flash plugin 11.6 and disabled it but unfortunately it hasn't solved my problem. I don't know what the Youtube HTML5 trial is ^^'.
I haven't tried the solution in the link because it seems a little complicated for me.
kadama

Post by kadama »

Start a video on Youtube. Then right click on it to see if the Flash Player or HTML5 is used. That is, right click on the video and a menu will appear. The last entry of the menu should be Flash plugin 11.2 r202 (since you have now disabled Flash 11.6...) or HTML5. In case it is HTML5 follow the link bellow and opt out from the HTML5 trial.

http://www.youtube.com/html5
bakashasha

Post by bakashasha »

Thank you again. I tried as you say: so I started a video and right clicked on it. It seems to be using HTML5. So I took the HTML5 trial but it didn't change anything :(

Return to “Sound”