netgear WNA3100 Now Belkin 54g Help

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
IanRMartin

netgear WNA3100 Now Belkin 54g Help

Post by IanRMartin »

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to get a netgear WNA3100 usb wirless adapter working with Mint 14 MATE

After searching i have tried this:

sudo apt-get install --reinstall bcmwl-kernel-source

sudo modprobe wl

I've also tried the Wirless network drivers and picked up the inf file but i get this error:

Module Could not be loaded. error was:
FATAL: Module ndiswrapper not found.
Is the ndiswrapper module installed?

When i look in packages all the ndis packages look like they are installed.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ian

EDIT

As below i've given up on the netgear as someone gave me a belkin 54g F5d7050 V1 which i thought would solve my problem but alas no!
It still doesn't work can anyone help me get this adapter working please?
Thanks
Ian
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
IanRMartin

Re: netgear WNA3100

Post by IanRMartin »

I've also just tried updating the ndiswrapper to v1.58 and now it picks up the adapter and I could see all the networks but when trying to connect it just keeps asking for the password even though is know it is correct.

I think at this point I'll throw the towel in, a friend has just given me a Belkin F5D7050 which looks like it has been working since Helena so hopefully that will be that.

I'm a little disappointed in myself that I haven't been able to crack this but with so many posts on this particular adapter and the lack of any real solutions to follow, even though a few seem to have got it working life's to short :)

Ian

Return to “Networking”