backup home to flash drive?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kofa777

backup home to flash drive?

Post by kofa777 »

I've used many different live linux cds before. They have all had a way to save settinggs, files, and installed software to a flash drive for future use with the live cd. Can I do this with Mint.

I want to be able to boot from the live cd, and restore my previos settings, files software...etc. In other live cds, it's an option to backup when you shutdown the system. Then, you plug the flash drive into a computer, and boot from the live cd...and it automatically restores everything from previous session. I'm not finding a way with Mint.

I've tried the backup tool, but this makes you re download all the software!? And can't seem to restore the "home" with backup tool....

Is this possible?

thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gauravjuvekar

Re: backup home to flash drive?

Post by gauravjuvekar »

Currentlly, it's not possible. Linux Mint is not a dedicated Live CD distribution. The live session is only for testing your hardware before installing to disk.
kofa777

Re: backup home to flash drive?

Post by kofa777 »

Booooooooo :cry:

Return to “Beginner Questions”