thinkpad r61e

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

thinkpad r61e

Post by GrayWizardLinux »

has anyone loaded mint on the Thinkpad r61e series?

I had it working on an old r51 I believe it was - but that pooped out and looking at the cheapest basic model and wondering if anyone had any issues or successes.

thank you.

Greetings to Husse and Clem!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Re: thinkpad r61e

Any info? Comments would be greatly appreciated. I have a feeling all is well; but hate to buy this and there are issues.

Thank you.
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MagnusB »

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Installin ... inkPad_R61
Lenovo/IBM are pretty well covered by ThinkWiki...
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

thank you magnusb. I guess there are a few more issues than with the older one I had and also with using celena. I do appreciate the link info greatly.

:-)))
octavio

Post by octavio »

i've been been up and running on this Thinkpad R61i for about a week with no issues thus far (knock, knock).

Return to “Beginner Questions”