Chromuim Browser or LinuxMint OS issue?[SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Cariboo

Chromuim Browser or LinuxMint OS issue?[SOLVED]

Post by Cariboo »

Hi,
I don't know where or to whom I can address the following issue:
I run Linux 3.5.0-17-generic #28-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 9 19:31:23 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux on my desktop computer and I use either Firefox (installed version: 19.0.2+build1-0ububntu0.12.10.1) or Chromium (Installed version: 24.0.1312.56-0ubuntu0.12.10.3)for Iinternet browsing.
Once in a while I upload pictures from my home town to "The Weather Network". If I need to edit the upload due to spelling errors etc. I have to use either of the browsers under Windows7 Home (my second OS on this computer) to accomplish this task.
The attached screenshot shows that under Linux the opened text line covers the Save/Cancel buttons so that I can not finish/save the edited text.
May be there is somebody out there who reads this and who can give my some advice what I could do to avoid the fall back to Window7.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
metalcorpe

Re: Chromuim Browser or LinuxMint OS issue?

Post by metalcorpe »

HI!!!!
first of all if this is a problem for more than one browser on the Linux system then is a linux system problem
if i happens only in chromium then it's the chromium that has the problem

is use chrome as browser an i had some problems when i used to browse with chromium

I hope I've been helpfull
Cariboo

Post by Cariboo »

metalcorpe wrote:HI!!!!
first of all if this is a problem for more than one browser on the Linux system then is a linux system problem
:?:
The issue if for both - Firefox and Chromium - so I wonder how I could fix it if it is a Linux problem?
:?:
metalcorpe

Post by metalcorpe »

is java script enable????
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MtnDewManiac »

Try this in Firefox:

When you are on a page where part of the text is blocked, press Control-- (err... That doesn't look right :roll: . Hold the Control key and press the - (minus) key).

If it helps a little, but not enough, press it again.

Whether it helps or not, to go back to the original font sizes, you may either press Control-+ (Control and + (plus)) to increase by one size per press, or press Control-0 to go to "original size."

The above actually decreases/increases everything (text, pictures, et cetera). There is a setting in Firefox's View/Zoom menu that will allow you to configure this behavior to only affect text.

Hope this helps,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
Cariboo

Post by Cariboo »

MtnDewManiac wrote:Try this in Firefox:

......... There is a setting in Firefox's View/Zoom menu that will allow you to configure this behavior to only affect text.
Hope this helps,
MDM
Yes, this helped in Firefox:
---> View
---> Zoom ---. Check-mark "Zoom Text Only"
---> and again View, Zoom and now
---> Zoom Out

Thanks for the help :D

PS.; I'll try in Chromium later...keep you posted!
Cariboo

Re: Chromuim Browser or LinuxMint OS issue?[SOLVED]

Post by Cariboo »

MtnDewManiac wrote:Try this in Firefox:

......... There is a setting in Firefox's View/Zoom menu that will allow you to configure this behavior to only affect text.
Hope this helps,
MDM
Yes, this helped in Firefox:
---> View
---> Zoom ---. Check-mark "Zoom Text Only"
---> and again View, Zoom and now
---> Zoom Out

Thanks for the help :D

PS.; I'll try in Chromium later...keep you posted!

For Chromium:
---> find "Customize and control Chromium" (upper right corner 3 horizontal lines Icon)
---> Settings ---> Show advanced settings
---> under Web content select "Customise fonts..."
---> Reduce font size (in my case from 16 to 15)
:D

Return to “Beginner Questions”