Applet icon in "Show Desktop" all the time is stretched

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Vamint

Applet icon in "Show Desktop" all the time is stretched

Post by Vamint »

Hello! Does anyone know why the applet "Show Desktop" all the time is stretched? This can be fixed some way?

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Vamint

Re: Applet icon in "Show Desktop" all the time is stretched

Post by Vamint »

It does not help

I realized what the problem :)

The problem is that the applet "Show Desktop" uses image format SVG. On the other icon theme this problem is not observed, so the problem is in icons Mint-X, which has some of the images in a format SVG.

The path to the image, which uses an applet:
/usr/share/icons/Mint-X/places/16/user-desktop.SVG

You just need to open the image in GIMP and save it in the format of PNG.
Image should be saved as "user-desktop.png", and the old image, "user-desktop.svg", which stretches to remove.

Do not forget to link to the image of "user-desktop.png", with the name "desktop.png".

After the link with the name "desktop.png" has been created, you can delete the old link "desktop.svg".
Last edited by Vamint on Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: [SD] Applet icon in "Show Desktop" all the time is stret

Post by catweazel »

Vamint wrote:Image
You have other problems there. Your scrollbars don't work. I've clicked and dragged for an hour and they will not budge.

:twisted:
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Vamint

Re: Applet icon in "Show Desktop" all the time is stretched

Post by Vamint »

Strange. I installed Firefox Nightly using apt-get install and the icon in the applet again stretched :D

In Linux Mint 13, I also encountered this problem, but in the 14th version is not fixed.

Return to “MATE”