Mint 14 Installation problem

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
anonymus684

Mint 14 Installation problem

Post by anonymus684 »

I HAVE A LITLLE BIG FUlL INSTALLATION PROBLEM OF LINUX distros:

My PC is a Desktop computer: - msi (MS7501 v1.0 k9a2gm) morherboard with am2+ (780G) chipset
- bios v4.5 ...
- 2Gb ddr2 ram
- ati radeon hd 4350e 700mb
- 6 usb ports
- amd athlon x2: 2.3Ghz dual-core
- windows 8 x86 installed by me
- a usb keyboard(what i use now) and a classic keyboard
I burn first time Linux Zorin os 6.1 32bit ultimate (burn a Verbatim dvd-r on 4xspeed); i boot, i select install or live...., and kernel crash/panic;
-i try linux mint 14 32bit Cinnamon on Princo dvd-r burned on 4x speed, same thing; I installed w7 x86 and same thing; i try again on w8 x86 both linux dvds;
- now, i installed w8 and i burn linux mint 13 32bit Cinnamon on 8xspeed; and this time i don't have "kernel panic", i got kernel helper x0....something; i try again with zorin6 and mint 14 and again "kernel helper"

now i tried with a usb (16Gb transcend) linux live with same linux 13 and surprise: " kernel .......somethinG..IS ready!" and again crash WITH A "..kernel helper"
i did a MEMTEST: no errors!!! i check with md5checktest all dvds: no problems

WHERE I WRONG? I READ THE MANUALS, POSTS.

SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bigj231

Re: Mint 14 Installation problem

Post by bigj231 »

Do you have Windows installed? Try running Intel Burn Test for if you do. Keep an eye on your temperatures and make sure they never go above 80-85C. If it fails, either reduce your overclock or see about replacing your CPU if you're at stock speeds. You can try Prime95 instead if Intel Burn Test doesn't work on AMD systems.
Just beware this has a very real possibility of destroying your machine.

If it passes, then let us know and we can try to help. Kernel panics tend to be due to hardware issues in my experience.
anonymus684

Post by anonymus684 »

bigj231 wrote:Do you have Windows installed? Try running Intel Burn Test for if you do. Keep an eye on your temperatures and make sure they never go above 80-85C. If it fails, either reduce your overclock or see about replacing your CPU if you're at stock speeds. You can try Prime95 instead if Intel Burn Test doesn't work on AMD systems.
Just beware this has a very real possibility of destroying your machine.

If it passes, then let us know and we can try to help. Kernel panics tend to be due to hardware issues in my experience.
MY CPU IS A amd athlon 64 x2 4450e AND Maximum operating temperature is 78°C
I DON'T MAKE THE OVERCLOKING TEST AND I DON'T WANT TO RISK

CPU Specifications:
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core.
Model: 4450E.
Ordering P/N (PIB): ADH4450DOBOX.
Operating Mode 32 Bit: Yes.
Operating Mode 64 Bit: Yes.
Revision: G2.
Core Speed (MHz): 2300.
Voltages: 1.15/1.20/1.25V.
Max Temps (C): 78oC.
Wattage: 45 W.
L1 Cache Size (KB): 128.
L1 Cache Count: 2.
L2 Cache Size (KB): 512.
L2 Cache Count: 2.
CMOS: 65nm.
Socket: AM2.

BUTT I FOUND THIS VIDEO "AMD Athlon x2 4450e Overclock and benchmark"
- LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y55AA_JLz4g
bigj231

Post by bigj231 »

I was saying to test the stability of the CPU. If it's unstable, then it won't work properly and you will get kernel panics. Like I said, if you watch your temperatures, you should be fine. Keep them under 70°C now that you know the maximum is 78°C.
anonymus684

Post by anonymus684 »

nothing is happens, my cpu work perfectly.
i believe linux is not compatible with msi motherboards
anonymus684

Post by anonymus684 »

rainbows LINUX!!!! BIG COMPATIBILITY MY ASS!!!!
NOW I'M STICK WITH WINDOWS shit.....
bigj231

Post by bigj231 »

FWIW, I installed Mint 14 on a computer with an MSI board a while ago. I used a Live USB instead of a DVD.
You could try Debian stable if you're still interested in Linux. If it still doesn't work, then you probably have a hardware issue.

If you want to stick with Windows, I'm glad you found out what works for you. You won't have wasted much time trying to figure out why stuff won't work (especially the GPU) and that you don't care for it anyway.
anonymus684

Post by anonymus684 »

've heard of FENos????????

this is from official site:
""""""HISTORY
In 2005, an ambitious team of visionary software developers started the project FenOS, aiming at "creating from scratch an operating system that is capable of executing all kind of software applications natively, independent from its hardware architecture." The precursor of the project FenOS was Edhel Ricardo Lara (M.Sc. IT) being today Globo Media Solutions' Chief Technology Officer (CTO). After five years of intensive product development, Mr. Lara's team finished in 2010 the first functional prototype of FenOS. At present, the development of the OS is advancing step by step and we are proud to launch soon the first Alpha Version of the system."""""""

link: http://www.myfenos.com
bigj231

Post by bigj231 »

I can't say I have, but 2 things stand out to me from that summary you posted:
1:
Mr. Lara's team finished in 2010 the first functional prototype of FenOS.
That tells me it's still really too new to expect it to work reliably, as it's not a spin-off of an existing base (from what I gather). Also, prototype can just mean that they made something that doesn't constantly break and does something nonspecific.

2:
soon the first Alpha Version of the system.
In my experience, alpha means it's not even close to be ready for use by the general public. It's great for people that want to be involved and help it grow as fast as possible, but it will break more often than it will work. Most of these projects never make it out of the alpha phase.

I'm not trying to bash that project, but many others like it have failed. I'm not sure what they are doing exactly, but if they manage it they will have a lot of users in a short time. If you're expecting it to work on your hardware in the near future, you might be getting your hopes up too much. Ubuntu has been around for almost 9 years now, and it still is far from perfect.
MartinaNeumayer

Post by MartinaNeumayer »

anonymus684 wrote:WHERE I WRONG? I READ THE MANUALS, POSTS.
Just ask "Uncle G" :)

First of all..
Go in to Your bios, turn your SATA HDD controller to LEGACY/IDE mode.

Second..
Now boot your machine from Live CD/DVD/USB and add at end of the kernel line, option "noapic".
And then try to install Your system. You can try also option "acpi=off". Or both at once.

Third..
If Your hardware is 64-bit compatible, use x64 systems.
:)

Next..
Give us some logs.. Kernel-log for example.

---
Sorry, but my "crystal ball" is on vacation.
anonymus684

Post by anonymus684 »

with acpi=off don't work because no boot the cd/dvd or usb live, i tried both and don't boot windows installed either
i select off for acpi from bios option because don't work from linux edit option(i mean i tap it acpi=off or noapi and don't work)
anonymus684

Post by anonymus684 »

[quote="bigj231"]i tried with a usb live
MartinaNeumayer

Ok, what is with SATA? Turned to legacy mode?

And.. paste Your logs PLEASE!
kernel-log and system-log.
Without those info, any problem diagnose or help is like a lottery.
Did you check the MD5/CRC of iso's after download?

On this hardware Mint, Ubuntu, Debian etc. should work without problems.
Win Seven also.
anonymus684

Post by anonymus684 »

i managed to boot linux live:
-i made a usb live with linux mint 13 64bit
-i restarted my pc, select linux live , and booting with no problems
- i enter in "something else" and i don't now what format i need to select for system partition: fat32 or swap disk
MartinaNeumayer

Please answer my questions first and attach logs.
Without that further assistance/help is impossible.
anonymus684

Post by anonymus684 »

last week i install linux mint 13 64x and work fine, but i don't manage why my internet conection don't work; i tried every settings option, with windows is simple to make internet conection when you have netcable.
now, i'm back on windows 8 and waiting for a better os; linux isn't made for real market multimedia users used to simple interface of windows.
windows users aren't ITt engineers, hackers or o.s.fanatics...

Return to “Installation & Boot”