Epson XP-405 driver

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
riki
Level 4
Level 4

Epson XP-405 driver

Post by riki »

I am awaiting delivery of an Epson XP-405 all-in-one printer/scanner and would like to know if anyone out there is using one with LM and if it worked out of the box, without having to look for a driver, etc. Thanks for your help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
riki
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Epson XP-405 driver

Post by riki »

riki wrote:I am awaiting delivery of an Epson XP-405 all-in-one printer/scanner and would like to know if anyone out there is using one with LM and if it worked out of the box, without having to look for a driver, etc. Thanks for your help.
That's strange...nobody is using the XP-405?
cwsnyder

Post by cwsnyder »

On any printer question, the best place to check is with http://linuxprinting.org , not specific distribution forums.

As it happens, there is a positive response on http://www.openprinting.org/printer/Eps ... 406_Series .
riki
Level 4
Level 4

Post by riki »

@ cwsnyder

Much appreciated!
riki
Level 4
Level 4

Post by riki »

Everything seems to be working fine but the scanner driver is still missing. The printer driver was easy task, all I had to do is follow instructions on connecting to USB. Can't find the scanner driver though. Help please.
riki
Level 4
Level 4

Post by riki »

Still going round in circles. I am reaching the conclusion that there is no Epson XP-405 scanner driver (printer is OK) available from Linux. I have spent hours looking for one without success. :(
riki
Level 4
Level 4

Post by riki »

Just in case it might help someone out there, the installed driver for my system is epson-inkjet-printer-201201w_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_i386.deb 1.71 MB but it appears that it only covers the printing side of the XP-405. The scanner does not work via USB, nor wirelessly, on my desktop PC running Maya. And yet, it works with my iPad2. :?
riki
Level 4
Level 4

Post by riki »

Sorry guys if I am being "heavy" about this one. Still struggling to find a way to SCAN with my new Epson XP-405 all-in-one printer. Very annoying because my old Epson Perfection 1200U is still going strong and scans beautifully (via USB). With this new XP-405 I keep getting "no scanner detected" despite being connected to the PC with the same USB cable that I use for the old 1200U. Also tried VueScan, same result. I am beginning to think that this new Epson printer is incompatible with LM. Isn't there anyone out there with an Epson XP-405? Any tips would be much appreciated.
g0lrk
Level 3
Level 3

Post by g0lrk »

riki
Try here http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02 ... d8b481d435

It's got a few listed including yours I believe

Kevin.
riki
Level 4
Level 4

Post by riki »

g0lrk wrote:riki
Try here http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02 ... d8b481d435

It's got a few listed including yours I believe

Kevin.
Many thanks Kevin. Just tried to install i386.deb (there are two) and on both I get Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: iscan-data.
riki
Level 4
Level 4

Post by riki »

Just had a chat with Epson Support (another one) and they now tell me, finally, that the XP-405 is not compatible with Linux and therefore they cannot help. It now doesn't even print, it just spits out sheet after sheet non-stop without printing anything. So that's it, bought the wrong printer :evil: I should have done more research but didn't bother assuming that it would be compatible like my old Epson printer Photo 750 and Epson scanner Perfection 1200U. You live and learn... :cry:
riki
Level 4
Level 4

Post by riki »

I have just found out that scanning with the Epson XP-405 is possible with LM15. Can anyone help me to be able to scan with LM13 LTS which is my main distro? Thanks.
cwsnyder

Post by cwsnyder »

Look on the Ubuntu Forums for http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2091976 This thread seems to have both the scanner and printer driver packages covered for the Epson XP-405. Note that to get the scanner driver working, you must also load the iscan-data_1.19.0-1_all.deb package first, then the appropriate driver package.
Last edited by cwsnyder on Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
riki
Level 4
Level 4

Post by riki »

@ cwsnyder

Many thanks. I'll try your suggestion. Regards.

Return to “Software & Applications”