Mouse Pointer Issues on Intel GMA 500

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
amcottre

Mouse Pointer Issues on Intel GMA 500

Post by amcottre »

This is my first post so I apologize in advance if its in the wrong place or if there is already an answer to this (although I personally havent found one)

I'm running Mint 13 KDE on my netbook (a bit of a newbie and recently switched from Xubuntu, mint is just nicer IMO). It's an Acer Aspire One ZA3 with 2GB RAM, Intel Atom 1.33GHZ, and Inter Media Accelerator Graphics 500. My issue is with the mouse cursor. Whenever it hovers over a link, the clock on the toolbar (or anything on the toolbar for that matter), the maximize/close buttons, etc, the cursor disappears. When it is moved, it flickers and then again is gone. It is fine when it is not over anything. Everything is up to date on my system so I'm at a loss and seeking help. Any solutions?

PS - I don't have 'unclutter' on my machine (I've seen removing that as the biggest response to try to fix it) Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ztact

Re: Mouse Pointer Issues on Intel GMA 500

Post by ztact »

My post on another thread may be related:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 38#p711438

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”