Quad Monitor Set Up

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
david.perez.1967

Quad Monitor Set Up

Post by david.perez.1967 »

I have just installed Linux Mint on my box and I am loving it. However, I have been unable to get it to display on my other two monitors. It works great with two, it will see both of my video cards but displays only two. If I switch the monitor from one card to the other and reboot, it will display on that card without any issues. Please help. :-)

General Grievous
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Quad Monitor Set Up

Post by catweazel »

david.perez.1967 wrote:I have just installed Linux Mint on my box and I am loving it. However, I have been unable to get it to display on my other two monitors. It works great with two, it will see both of my video cards but displays only two. If I switch the monitor from one card to the other and reboot, it will display on that card without any issues. Please help. :-)
What edition and version of Mint? What video card? What driver are you using?
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
david.perez.1967

Post by david.perez.1967 »

What edition and version of Mint?
[] Linux Mint 14 Nadia

What video card?
[] HIS Radeon HD 5450 512MB PCIe2.1

What driver are you using?
[] XORG
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Ok, it's highly likely you'll have to install the binary driver. I am assuming here that you have two HIS Radeon HD 5450s. I base that on your previous posts. If you have some card other than a second Radeon, don't do this:

Code: Select all

$ sudo apt-get remove --purge xserver-xorg-video-ati xserver-xorg-video-radeon
$ sudo reboot
$ sudo apt-get install fglrx-amdcccle-updates
$ sudo aticonfig --initial
$ sudo reboot
Note that there are two reboots in that list of commands.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”