Dual Boot Windows 7 first

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
HAMOS

Dual Boot Windows 7 first

Post by HAMOS »

I have a laptop with Linux mint KDE with dual boot windows 7. I want to keep both of them on there but I want to have windows 7 be the first boot choice so that I don't have to scramble to choose it when I start the computer as I will be using that OS the most. How is this done?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Dual Boot Windows 7 first

Post by catweazel »

The easiest way to get what you need is to use grub-customizer:

Code: Select all

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:danielrichter2007/grub-customizer
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install grub-customizer
Simply use the tool to move the Windwoes 7 entry to the first slot.

Cheers.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
jsalpha2

Re: Dual Boot Windows 7 first

Post by jsalpha2 »

Thanks Grub-Customizer is great. I not only made Win 7 my first (default) OS, but changed the background color and increased the font size.

Return to “Beginner Questions”