Idea for any users that also host or have a hosted web site.

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
heyu29h

Idea for any users that also host or have a hosted web site.

Post by heyu29h »

To any users who run thier own web site.
Why not ask any who run a web site, that are willing to do so, put small linkable ads about windows mint?

The devlopers could create inssertable ads some muli-media some not, that anyone that has a web site could put them into thier web sites, if they are willing.
I am sure there are plenty of people that use mint, have a web site, or at least I hope so.

Mint deffinatly needs more stuff like steam for linux. For new people to get involved, mint needs more stuff like this to easly install commercial software, the more the better.
My final straw with windows, was win8, hate it! I have been playing with linux for about 6 months now, I still find it fustrating to get some commercial software working or find free aps to replace them. I do the usual stuff like search for answers and try implementing them, sometimes with success, sometimes not.

I know there are sometimes free open source aps that do the same as the commercial ones, maybe you guys could set up a software search program that you type the commercial program into, and it will return the free ones that could replace it. Make the replacements clickable to install.

As a new user with a bit of tech knowlage about linux, I find these are the things that have forced me to keep windows, untill now. Im finaly totaly feed up with windows, and have completly moved to linux. Its just wrong to basicly force use to take thier new stuff weather we like um or not, and make us pay for them on top of it.

THANKS TO ALL WHO WORK ON LINUX!!!!

linux has came a long way! I cant wait till it gets to a point that most software makers develope a linux version of thier software.
untill that time, I have one last idea, could steam, make installers for non-native linux software, that wraps it in a Playonlinux, Wine, Winetricks, installer / loader? Just a thought.
samriggs

Re: Idea for any users that also host or have a hosted web s

Post by samriggs »

Good idea, I gave my hosting because I didn't use it anymore but still use a blog for one thing, I think I'll add a linked image on it.
Thanks for the idea
heyu29h

Re: Idea for any users that also host or have a hosted web s

Post by heyu29h »

wow, glad to see ya liked my idea.

I hope others follow suit. I used to have a web site, for a buisness I had. Im thinking of re working it, and dedicate it to linux. I just love this software!

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”