How to prevent workspace switching automatically

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
BeaglePapa61

How to prevent workspace switching automatically

Post by BeaglePapa61 »

I hope I am right here in this forum:

I am running the latest "Linux Mint Debian Edition (64bit)" (with Cinnamon) on a Virtualbox as Guest on a "Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit" host-machine.

I'm really annoyed by a strange behavior of the desktop. Very often the desktop automatically switches to a view that shows me the currently opened window or to choose the workspace. But I have only one workspace. I would like to have this automatic to switch off, but I haven't found a switch for deactivating this behavior yet. Can someone give me a advice please?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: How to prevent workspace switching automatically

Post by xenopeek »

This is a bug in the VirtualBox mouse driver. It randomly moves shortly to the top left corner of the screen, which is the hotspot for triggering expo. So either disable the hotspot in Cinnamon Settings, or fix the VirtualBox mouse driver (noted here for Linux Mint 14, probably also works for LMDE: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 00#p683283).
BeaglePapa61

Post by BeaglePapa61 »

xenopeek wrote:This is a bug in the VirtualBox mouse driver. It randomly moves shortly to the top left corner of the screen, which is the hotspot for triggering expo. So either disable the hotspot in Cinnamon Settings, or fix the VirtualBox mouse driver (noted here for Linux Mint 14, probably also works for LMDE: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 00#p683283).
Thank you, but I cannot find a switch called hotspot... :-( where is this!?
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Whatever :lol: It's called "hot corner", my bad. Find it in Cinnamon Settings.
BeaglePapa61

Post by BeaglePapa61 »

xenopeek wrote:Whatever :lol: It's called "hot corner", my bad. Find it in Cinnamon Settings.
Thanks, that's ok... :-)

Return to “LMDE Archive”